Week 11 Story: A Dream

A few days ago. I made a dream, in that dream, I went and indulged in a fantasy world. A huge beach pea grew in the world. A man fell asleep in the pod of that beach pea. I was surprised by the peace of this world since there are no animals in my vision. Trees, brooks, and breezes were full in the area. 

At the time that I was curious about why this place has no other lives. A raven had appeared. As the raven stopped, he lifted one of his wings and pushed up the beak, as though it were a mask. Suddenly, the raven changed to a human. He looks just like a gentleman, kind, and sagacious. 

He smiled and asked, "Hi traveler, welcome to ancient Alaska." 

I replied, "Who are you? Are you a spirit?" 

He said, "No, I am the god of Alaska, my name is Raven. My job is to create creatures and laws for this area." 

"Wow, that would be a defiantly amazing job. However, I think you will face many problems as you do what you need to do." I share my idea with him.

He said, “Please talk more about that.”

 I frowned, "Once you create a human, they would always make mistakes. In my world, although people as a species are clever and smart, they are also greedy, rude, and ambivalent."

He was confident, and he smiled and said, "Such a controversial evaluation! It's interesting! However, I would still choose to create humans. Do you see that pod of that beach pea? He will be the first man born in this world. I will teach them, and I will instruct them." 

Raven. Web Source: Pinterest.

The Author's Note: This story is part of the Alaskan Legends unit. I depicted a little bit of the world in the myths of Alaska. In this rewriting story, I put some of my own ideas into the plot. I hope you enjoyed reading it!

Comments

  1. Hi Taiwei, I love the idea of starting a new world with just a man and a raven helping to create other living things. It is interesting to think about how quiet the world would be alone and without animals. The only questions I have is what exactly is a beach pea, and what exactly is the idea that was shared? Overall, great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taiwei,
    I enjoyed this story, especially the way you depicted the raven. I thought it was intriguing that the raven would still bring man into the world after hearing all the bad, but especially that he would help guide the first man. I have noticed that many of these stories depict an animal that is also human. You did well at telling this story, but clarification of what the ideas shared were would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taiwei,
    I enjoyed every bit of this story and count it among my favorites. I had to research a number of things while reading your story but I love that kind of narration. The image you added is perfect but I wished if you worked to make the formatting a little better. Great work and looking forward to see more !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Taiwei!
    I really liked this creative new perspective about starting a new world with a man and a Raven. I liked that the shapeshifting made me think of old Indian legends and stories! In most cultures certain animals mean something different like brave or confident or compassionate, so I wonder what the origins of the raven is? Any way, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwei Chang's Introduction

Week 6 Story: The Wonderful Lamp