Week 4 Lab: Learn about Microfiction

     For me, I have never read about microfiction before. This class gives me a chance to realize these amazing little stories. 

    The style of storytelling would be simple, pithy and attractive. They are simple because all of them are very short, each was about 100 words long. Describing some things which are close to life are common in these stories. 

    Also, they are pithy. I found this characteristic from Tiny Love Stories. For example, in the stories, I Can't Believe You Heard Me and Boys, Bikinis and Cubed Fruit, they both depict a tiny but important thing from the life of the protagonist. In the first story, the author tells us how her husband and dog take care of her when she suffered from coronavirus. For the second story, the author talks about how love could be a bowl of cut fruit. 

    For me, the most intriguing story would be Ting Love Stories. I realized the power of small things from our life. I think I would try some microfiction writing in the near future. I also want to focus on some tiny but crucial things in my life. By thinking deeply about these things, maybe I could have a new perspective on my life. 

A man looking at the stars. Web Source: Nytimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwei Chang's Introduction

Week 6 Story: The Wonderful Lamp