Storybook: Topic Brainstorm

Topic 1: Classics of Mountains and Seas

This is one Chinese mythology. I was attracted by the creatures in the book when I was young. Also, another reason for me to choose this topic is the mystery of the book. There are some scholars in China always assert that the content of the story's geography is based on the reality. However, no one can explain why people could not find any of the terrains which are depicted in the book. So, basically, I want to show this mysterious world in my own way through this project. I think I would use several independent stories to show the whole world. 

A nine-tailed white fox. Web Source: Viewofchina.

Topic 2: Cthulhu Mythos

Most of the online book of Cthulhu Mythos need to pay, so I could not find some useful hints in terms of that. But I find some interesting information about characteristics in Cthulhu Mythos. For me, I like this mythology because it included many unthinkable creatures and brave people. I was indulging in these stories which describe how terrible the monsters are, and how fearless the braves are.

Topic 3: Journey to the West (Whole Chapter)

In my mind, this is one of the most excellent mythologies in the world. It tells about that a monk leads his three apprentices to go to India (home of Buddhism) for Buddhist texts. The whole story full of fantastic adventures, and I want to write something like an epilogue. I think I prefer to set the time period of my own story hundreds of years after the original story.

Topic 4: Myths in Greek

There are many movies that talk about Old Greek Mythology, and I am a fan of them. However, I just know some basic characters' information, such as Zeus is the God of the Sky. I think I could learn more specific details during this semester when I write my storybook (If I choose this topic). I think I would use the view of different normal people such as farm, merchant or soldier to retell the mythology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwei Chang's Introduction

Week 6 Story: The Wonderful Lamp