Reading Notes: Sindbad Part B

This story is part of the Voyages of Sindbad unit. Story source: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments by Andrew Lang and illustrated by H. J. Ford (1898).

After I saw the end of the story, I am pretty sure that I would remember many excellent plots for a long period. After I saw all of the stories which are included in the storybook, I found that Sindbad has changed his mind from the beginning to the end of his journey. On the first journey, Sindbad was exciting and cordial. He enjoyed his adventure and he felt afraid rarely. However, in the end, he became a little bit impatient, and his journey is no more interesting for him. All he wants is to stay in his home and have a rest in peace. Also, he has mentioned he would like to spend more time to stay with his family and friends. In my opinion, I think this is a really important and crucial change for the character. With the development of the plot, the character in the story would also get older. Although there is nothing about Sindbad is not strong anymore and his body cannot support his adventure in the storybook, the author tries to show his senility during a more judicious way - changing his minds and thoughts. 

For me, I would like to use this method to build a better character in my own story writing. After reading the story of Sindbad, I realized how important for a story to have excellent plots. In writing a story, imagination could help the writer to build a fantastic and magical world to attract readers. Nevertheless, on the other hand, how to shape a unique character might need more thinking. 

The First Jurney. Web Source: Pinterest.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwei Chang's Introduction

Week 6 Story: The Wonderful Lamp