Feedback Thoughts

    The first sentence in this passage attracted my attention, "we’ve all flopped on a big presentation". For me, actually, I failed in almost every "presentation" (quizzes, exams, etc) when I was in middle school, and the point is that I do not want to face the past. Like many other people, I also like to package myself into a beautiful box full of success and achievements. However, the reality is not perfect. Everyone made mistakes, and we need to study how to fix our problems. 

    The author mentioned some methods to deal with our failures such as talk about your failures to others or using your failures to make friends. I think the main point in both of these methods is that we should brave enough to express our failures and disadvantages. Hiding every mistake which is made by ourselves is a bad choice for us since we could not learn anything from our own deficiency. Moreover, making use of our failures could also bring more advantages to us. Based on Ms. Edmondson, revealing our failures would be a good strategy to decrease others' envy when we commute with our peers. 

5 Steps to Help Yourself Recover from a Setback:

    This passage teaches me five specific ways to think about the failures of mine. The author asserts that we could use some counterfactual thinking to review our failure and try to make a better decision at the next time. Basically, the author recommends us to use the power of imagination. After we make a mistake, we could imagine different outcomes or different paths in order to rethink our decision in the whole event. During this process, we learn from our own lesson. Although I think this way is too complicated to implement, I am sure that it is helpful. In some important periods or some big events in our lives, this method could be an efficient tool for us to learn from ourselves. 

A lovely cat. Web Source: Flickr.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwei Chang's Introduction

Week 6 Story: The Wonderful Lamp