Storybook Favorites

 1. Meet the Monsters that Haunt America

https://sites.google.com/view/americanmonsters/home 

    I am unfamiliar with the topic of this story. However, it does a good job to tell me what the storybook is about. 

    The introduction uses a creative style of communication to show a part of the topic. I think it is very good to attract my attention since the author shows some background information via these dialogue. It also do a good job to explain the topic. Although there are not direct description about monsters in the introduction, but the reader will easy to realize that. 

    The author use may twine story to show his whole strory. He allows readers to make their own decision and influence the whole storytelling. In my opinion, this is really good way to help each reader to indulge in the story, so I could also use the same way to tell my own story probably. 

2. The Four Beauities of China

https://sites.google.com/site/thefourbeautiesofchina/

    I am familiar with the topic because I come from China. The title of the story tell the content of the storybook directly. 

    A creative style of the introduction is that the author tells the whole story from his own perspective. He does not write a traditional story about the four beauties from China, and that is the point which attracts me. 

    The layout of the introduction is delicate and simple which means it is very convenience to read. I think a clear layout will ensure that I can get the success in the future assignments.

3. Monster Hunter

https://sites.google.com/site/chrispunlap/introduction

    I am not familiar with the topic. But the title is clear and understandable. 

    The author also uses his own perspective in order to tell the whole introduction. The author describe himself as a Monster Hunter which is very impressed. He uses his "real" experiences to create the storybook. This creative style makes readers feel immersive. 

    The layout and the use of images are very good in this introduction. They create a vivid feeling to readers and help readers indulge in the story. 


Ghost Liar as described in Classic of Mountains and Seas. Web Source: ViewofChina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwei Chang's Introduction

Week 6 Story: The Wonderful Lamp