Growth Mindset

 Thinking about Growth Mindset

    After I watch the video of Carol Dweck, I would like to say that I am interested in the topic Growth Mindset. It looks like Professor Dweck provides a better way to our educational system in order to teach and raise our students. Actually, I have heard about similar theory when I was in China, my middle school Chinese teacher always like to say that the result is not important but the process is the most important thing. Obviously, no one could achieve her goal, since the social environment in China only thinks a lot of the grade of students and the result. 

    However, I still think that the growth mindset and move out from our confront zone are really important to all students. The reason for that is those two thoughts could help us think deeply and thoroughly. In my opinion, there are many students who are too eager to get full A in every semester, but they forget the original intention of study which is to pursue the knowledge and improve ourselves. Notwithstanding, reality is full of contradiction and ambivalent. Even we know that Carol Dweck's theory does make sense, but it is difficult to implement. 

Growth Mindset. Web Source: Integrity Solutions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwei Chang's Introduction

Week 6 Story: The Wonderful Lamp